Apple cider vinegar has been used for thousands of years as a general tonic and to treat and cure many ailments. In 400 B.C, Hypocrites, known as the father of medicine, treated patients with vinegar, making it one of the world’s first medicines. Throughout biblical times, vinegar was successfully used to treat infections and wounds.
What are the Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar?
Natural Apple Cider Vinegar is a wonderful natural cure for a number of ailments which antibiotics are needlessly given for and other medications that have a number of side effects.
In particular, Apple Cider Vinegar has been known to effectively:
• Reduce sinus infections and sore throats
• Cure skin conditions such as acne and cellulite
• Cure yeast infections
• Protect against food poisoning
• Fight allergies in both humans and animals
• Prevent muscle fatigue after exercise
• Strengthen the immune system
• Cure bad breath
• Body/foot odour remedy
• Increase stamina
• Increase metabolism which promotes weight loss
• Improve digestion and cure constipation and diarrhoea
• Alleviate symptoms of arthritis and gout
• Prevents bladder stones and urinary tract infections
• Alkalizes The Body
• Re-Mineralises the body- High In Potassium, Magnesium, Calcium
• Tops up important Vitamins and Trace Elements
• Eases with Joint and General Body Stiffness
• Helps Regulate Blood Pressure
• Alleviates Arthritic Pain
• Eases Osteoporosis
• Reduces Prostate Problems
• Improves Cell Function & Fights Infection
• Helps with Insect Bites & Stings
• Improves Symptoms of Muscle Cramps
• Cleanses Bladder, Kidneys, Blood, Liver, Gall Bladder etc
• Alleviates Headaches
• Helps with Shingles & Sunburn
• Reduces Cholesterol
• Often Cures Allergies (environmental, pet and food)
• Relieves Chronic Fatigue
• Clears Candida
• Resolves Acid Reflux
• Alleviates Gout
Usually found in health food shops, natural apple cider vinegar should be a rich cloudy amber colour with “the mother” quite visible as sediment on the bottom.
(Distilled white vinegar and cider vinegar found in supermarkets are considered “dead” vinegars with none of the enzymes and other live factors that make raw, unpasteurized vinegars so valuable).
Distilling removes the beneficial “mother” from the vinegar, thereby, destroying the powerful enzymes and life giving minerals such as potassium, phosphorus, natural organic sodium, magnesium, sulphur, iron copper, natural organic fluorine, silicon, trace minerals, pectin and other powerful nutrients. Also destroyed are natural malic and tartaric acids, which are important in fighting body toxins and inhibiting unfriendly bacteria growth.)
How to take apple cider vinegar
For daily maintenance and general tonic, weight loss and pH balancing –
2 teaspoons of organic apple cider vinegar in about 16 ounces of water x 2 to 3 times a day
Or 2 tablespoons of acv in water morning and evening.
Sip, don’t glug it down in one!
For acute and more severe conditions –
2 tablespoons of organic apple cider vinegar in about 16 ounces of water x 3 times a day
Apple cider vinegar can also be applied directly to the skin with cotton wool (for acne and skin conditions as well as drinking it). Or added to water for baths and foot soaking.
If you don’t like the taste of vinegar, just add it to organic apple juice or other fruit juice. (or you can add a little honey if taking as a general tonic) If you find it too acidic, try adding half a teaspoon of baking soda.
During the winter try having apple cider vinegar in hot water instead of tea or coffee in the morning.
Apple Cider Vinegar is Anti-bacterial, Anti-viral and Anti-fungal!
I personally purchase (Devon) apple cider vinegar from ‘Bobby’s Healthy Shop’ at www.Bobbys-Healthy-Shop.com
There are several things you will notice within a couple of days of drinking Apple Cider Vinegar – your allergies will disappear, your face will have a healthy and youthful glow, you will look and feel more Vital and ENERGISED, and you will be able to digest your food more easily.
I believe that apple cider vinegar is probably the best (and cheapest) detoxifier for the body.
“Vinegar, especially Apple Cider Vinegar, has some astounding health-protective properties, whether you swallow it or use it topically.
A trusted home remedy for every ill from acne to yeast infections. Each splash of Apple Cider Vinegar delivers key vitamins, including the antioxidant betacarotene. It’s also bursting with healthful acids, enzymes, a valuable form of deitary fibre called Pectin and over a dozen minerals.”
Raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar (with the mother) can be quite expensive to buy every month, so making your own really makes sense; especially during the autumn months when organic apples are in such abundance. Apple cider vinegar can be made easily at home at any time of year, however autumn varieties tend to have a higher sugar content which aids the fermentation process and can help produce a stronger more effective end product.
Apple cider vinegar has been used, tried and tested for hundreds of years and is such a wonderful product to have available for your family and has many uses in the home, as well as medicinal properties. It is naturally anti bacterial, anti fungal and anti viral so can be used as a cheaper, safer, non toxic alternative to chemical cleaning products, it makes a great hair de-tangler and conditioner, and quickly clears up bacterial, fungal, viral and yeast infections very effectively as well as improving the body’s cell function. It has the ability to re mineralise the body, and top many useful vitamins and trace elements such as calcium, potassium and magnesium and also can help regulate metabolism, regulate blood pressure and lower cholesterol.
Apple cider vinegar also has many beneficial household and garden uses too-
- Bathroom cleaning – removes limescale from baths and taps
- Hair conditioner – Use regularly as a hair rinse and detangler, it will also help cure dandruff.
- Laundry – Use as a natural fabric softener and antibacterial laundry conditioner
- Weedkiller – Spray on weeds and new growth regularly to safely stop weeds
- Improve Soil acidity – If your soil is too alkaline, you can add apple cider vinegar to improve soil quality.